I’ve spent the past few week inundating my friend Ava, the one who starts Hackbright on Monday, with women in tech articles and sites online. She suggested I try to collect them all in one place, so here we go:
- Ada Initiative – Conferences, lobbying, mentoring. Lots of good stuff. Articles and video on Impostor Syndrome.
- Systers – I just joined their mailing list. Lots of interesting discussions. Some of them don’t really apply to me, but it’s all inspiring. I really want to go to the Grace Hopper Celebration someday.
- Skillcrush – Articles and teachables by women for women. Ava especially loved the Confusion is your friend blog post.
- Women 2.0 – All sorts of career/education/tech stuff for women.
- She’s Geeky – General geekiness for women, lots of rotating meetings/’unconferences’.
- ChickTech – Currently focused in my hometown, they’ve done some amazing things for high school age girls.
- Empowering Women By Code – An interesting article and how I learned about Skillcrush.
- Women in Technology – Small article/AWESOME video clip. Hilarious.
- Why aren’t more girls attached to physics – An NPR audio clip Ava sent me on why women don’t go in to STEM.
- Student’s ‘Meltdown’ Blogpost – This isn’t entirely women based, but it does talk a lot about impostor syndrome (everyone seems to get it!) and the original blog meltdown is an interesting/sad/slightly life-affirming read.
- Miss America is a Nerd! (not really tech, but awesome)
[This will probably be a continually updated list for a while. I’ll sticky it to the top of the page for now.]